My main research interest is the effect of moods and emotions, particularly anxiety, on social cognition. I am also interested in other aspects of social psychology and social cognition including group behaviour and decision making, automatic processes, attitude change, social influence, and culture.
Outside these research interests, I have experience working in organisational psychology, human resources, organisational behaviour, and human factors.
- Culture and Ethnicity
- Emotion, Mood, Affect
- Judgment and Decision Making
- Organizational Behavior
- Person Perception
- Persuasion, Social Influence
- Prejudice and Stereotyping
- Social Cognition
- Cerni, T., Curtis, G. J., & Colmar, S. H. (2010). Increasing transformational leadership by developing leaders' information-processing systems. Journal of Leadership Studies, 4(3), 51-65.
- Cerni, T., Curtis, G. J., & Colmar, S. H. (2010). Executive coaching can enhance transformational leadership. International Coaching Psychology Review, 5, 81-85.
- Kocan, S. E., & Curtis, G. J. (2009). Close encounters of the initial kind: Implicit self-esteem, name-letter similarity, and social distance. Basic and Applied Social Psychology, 31,17-23.
- Cerni, T., Curtis, G. J., & Colmar, S. H. (2008). Information-processing and leadership styles: Constructive thinking and transformational leadership. Journal of Leadership Studies, 2, 60-73.
- Church, A. T., Anderson-Harumi, C. A., del Prado, A. M., Curtis, G. J, Tanaka-Matsumi, J., Valdez-Medina, J. L., et al. (2008). Culture, cross-role consistency, and adjustment: Testing trait and cultural psychology perspectives. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 95, 739-755.
- Campagna, C. G., & Curtis, G. J. (2007). So worried I don't know what to be: Anxiety is associated with increased career indecision and reduced career certainty. Australian Journal of Guidance and Counselling, 17, 91-96.
- del Prado, A. M., Katigbak, M. S., Church, A. T., Miramontes, L. G., Whitty, M., Curtis, G. J., et al. (2007). Culture, method, and the content of self-concepts: Testing trait, individual-self-primacy, and cultural psychology perspectives. Journal of Research in Personality, 41, 1119-1160.
- Curtis, G. J., & Locke, V. (2007). Anxiety and impression formation: Direct information rather than priming explains affect-congruity. Cognition and Emotion, 21, 1455-1469.
- Maxwell, A. J., Curtis, G. J., & Vardanega, L. (2006). Plagiarism among local and Asian students in Australia. Guidance & Counselling, 21, 210-215.
- Curtis, G. J., & Locke, V. (2005). The effect of anxiety on impression formation: Affect-congruent or stereotypic biases? British Journal of Social Psychology, 44, 65-83.
- Maxwell, A. J., Curtis, G. J., & Vardanega, L. (2008). Does culture influence understanding and perceived seriousness of plagiarism? International Journal for Educational Integrity, 4(2), 25-40.
- Curtis, G., & Locke, V. (2004). Anxiety-related stereotypic biases in impression formation: Is it memory not judgments? Australian Journal of Psychology, 56 (Supp), 62.
- Tremayne, K., & Curtis, G. (2006). Cooperative behaviour in a prisoner's dilemma -- A terror management perspective. Proceeding of: Self-concept, Motivation, Social and Personal Identity for the 21st Century, 4th International Biennial SELF Research Conference, Ann Arbor, USA.
- Bachelor of Psychology
- Human Resources
- Master of Applied Psychology (Organizational)
School of Psychology
90 South Street
- Phone: +61893602268